CALL FOR PAPER PROPOSALS
FOR FSAC 2017 May 27 – May 29, 2017
Held in conjunction with the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Ryerson University.
Congress 2017 Theme: “From Far and Wide: The Next 150”
FSAC is now seeking proposals for the 2017 conference in Toronto, Ontario (May 27 – 29, 2017). We welcome proposals for:
-Workshops or round-tables,
-Screenings, exhibitions and other events—on topics related to the Congress theme, or on any other film or media studies topic).
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday January 6, 2017 (midnight AST) to:
Proposals require a title, keywords and up to 500 word abstract.
This is a blind review portal. Biographical details for the program will be requested with the notice sent to successful applicants.
*If organizing a pre-constituted panel, each paper proposal must be submitted individually with the title of the panel indicated with the abstract.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE ABOVE LINK. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT—IT IS EASY!
Please note that in order to be eligible to participate in the conference, all applicants must renew or become members at the time of submission.
*UNPAID APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE READ.
* Please note that you should plan to participate in a maximum of two forums, neither of which may be the same in kind. For example, you may propose and deliver a paper and submit a workshop proposal, but you may not submit two individual paper proposals (whether single or co-authored).
Additional information and instructions:
– Presentations may be in either English or French.
– Individual presentations are to be no longer than 20 minutes (including clips).
– The length of presentations on panels, workshops, and/or round-tables may vary depending on the specific constitution of the session.
– All proposals will be adjudicated by the Programming Committee.
– All papers presented at the FSAC Conference must be original works. Proposals for previously presented papers will not be accepted.
– Please note that by submitting a proposal, you are agreeing to the eventual online posting of your abstract on the FSAC website as part of the expanded conference program.
– Partial financial compensation for student members’ travel to attend the annual general meeting may be provided by the Association.
For more details and the application form, visit http://www.filmstudies.ca/
All conference presentation rooms will have video/data projectors, screens, Windows-based computers, basic sound systems, connections for laptop computers, DVD and VCR players
Conference Organising Committee
Program Chair: Darrell Varga (President, FSAC)
Division of Art History and Critical Studies
NSCAD University(Nova Scotia College of Art and Design)
5163 Duke Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3J 3J6
Office Phone: 902-494-8617
[Photo source: Lorne Bridgman for Ryerson University.]